The New England Watercolor Society
Welcome to the New England Watercolor Society (NEWS), one of the oldest and most prestigious watercolor societies in America. NEWS was founded in 1885 as the Boston Watercolor Society. Past members include Childe Hassam, John Singer Sargent, and honorary member Andrew Wyeth. Membership has grown from the thirteen founding members to nearly 200 signature members from every New England state. Please click on any link to learn more about our history, exhibitions, and membership opportunities.
2016 Signature Members Show
The Guild of Boston Artists, January 30 – February 27, 2016
162 Newbury St. Boston, MA 02116
Gallery hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10:30 – 5:30
Reception and Awards: Saturday, Feb. 6, 3 – 5 pm
Susan Weintraub AWS, Juror (2015 AWS High Winds Medal, North East Watercolor Society signature member).
Free demonstrations, Saturdays from 1:00-3:00 pm.
- Feb. 13 - Robert Noreika AWS (CT)
- Feb. 20 - Robert O'Brien AWS, NWS (VT)
- Feb. 27 - Peg Scully (NH)
|Registration is closed||Jan 13|
|Accepted works on website:||Jan 29|
|Show opens:||Jan 30|
|Awards reception:||Feb 6|
|Show closes:||Feb 27|
The New England Watercolor Society proudly presents
A workshop by Mary Whyte: Portrait and Still Life
September 26—28, 2016 9 am—5 pm
at the North Shore Art Association, 11 Pirates Lane, Gloucester, MA
- Thursday, January 28
- 6pm - the Boston Public Library, Tour of the interior art and architecture - Just show up, we'll see you there (Free)
- Friday, January 29
- 6pm - Museum of Fine Arts, Dinner in the atrium (self pay)
7:30pm - Private Tour of the MFA's watercolors ($30, includes museum admission)
- Saturday, January 30
- 6pm - Stephanie's Restaurant on Newbury Street (self pay)
8pm - Sondheim on Sondheim at the Lyric Theatre
Center section seating ($55)
Please send a check to the address below for the events you wish to attend, spouses welcome.
NEWS, Wendy Hale, 160 Commonwealth Ave #709, Boston, MA 02116
Also - mention NEWS for specially discounted prices at the Charlesmark Hotel, Copley Square (one block from the Susan Weintraub Workshop) book early as rooms are not reserved
Call 617‐247‐1212 for reservations
Mark your calendars:
- 2016 Annual Meeting - typically the third Sunday in March. More info to follow.
- 2016 National Show at the North Shore Art Association - 10/2-30 2016. Further details to come as they become available.