Continuing its tradition of nurturing and encouraging watercolor painters, the New England Watercolor Society offers workshops, usually in conjunction with sponsored shows or the annual meeting.
The New England Watercolor Society proudly presents
A workshop by Susan Weintraub
January 29, 30 and 31, 2016, 9am—4pm
at the Guild of Boston Artists,
162 Newbury Street, Boston, MA
Download the registration form
In this workshop we will explore from traditional transparent watercolor techniques to contemporary approaches with the ultimate goal of realizing the powerful and dramatic potential of watercolor medium. There will be daily demonstrations and critiques, with ample time for painting.
The workshop will be limited to 12 participants - register early! Download the registration form
About the Artist
Susan is a signature member of the North East Watercolor Society and an elected member of the Hudson Valley Art Association. This year her painting was awarded the distinguished High Winds Medal at the American Watercolor Societyʼs annual exhibition and was selected for the AWS traveling exhibit.
Susan Weintraub received her MFA from Brooklyn College and has taught art for twenty-five years in
the New York City public school system. She studied watercolor at the Art Students League in
Manhattan with Frederick Wong and Paul Ching-Bor.
Tuition for the 3 day workshop is $375 for members, $425 for non-members. A $100 deposit holds your space, with full payment due by January 1st . Download the registration form. Please also see our cancellation policies.
NEWS has arranged a Boston Arts Weekend (see below),
including theatre and art tours, which may be
paired in conjunction with this workshop.
NEWS Boston Arts Weekend
January 28-30, 2016;
Paired with the Susan Weintraub Workshop
- Thursday, January 28
- 6pm - the Boston Public Library, Tour of the interior art and architecture - Just show up, we'll see you there (Free)
- Friday, January 29
- 6pm - Museum of Fine Arts, Dinner in the atrium (Self pay)
7:30pm - Private Tour of the MFA's watercolors ($30, includes museum admission)
- Saturday, January 30
- 6pm - Stephanie's Restaurant on Newbury Street (Self pay)
8pm - Sondheim on Sondheim at the Lyric Theatre
Center section seating ($55)
Please send a check to the address below for the events you wish to attend, spouses welcome.
NEWS, Wendy Hale, 160 Commonwealth Ave #709, Boston, MA 02116
Also - mention NEWS for specially discounted prices at the Charlesmark Hotel, Copley Square (one block from the Susan Weintraub Workshop) book early as rooms are not reserved
Call 617‐247‐1212 for reservations
The next NEWS-sponsored demos and workshops will be offered with the following shows and events. Stay tuned for more details.
- 2016 NEWS Annual Meeting - usually held on the Sunday closest to St. Patrick's Day. Details to be announced as they become available.
- 2016 National Show at the North Shore Art Association - 10/2-11/16/16. Further details to come as they become available.
There are lots of other opportunities to learn and network with other artists in the meantime. Please see the Bulletin Board for a partial list.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the start of the event will receive a full refund less a $25 administration fee.
- Cancellations made between 7 to 30 days prior to the start of the event will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given for any cancellations made less than 7 days before the scheduled date of the event or after the event has started.
- If the event has to be cancelled because of unforeseen circumstances then a full refund will be promptly made.